ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Unhappy Rattling Noise (I think)

Hey there, I ninja the forums here and there since I got my Ralliart 2009 MY10 in october last year however I only just made an account because of a problem I've come to. My Ralliart just started making this rattling noise (for lack of a better description) coming from the front left of the car when im in the driver seat. Im from australia so yes the driver seat is on the right lol anyway I havent specified if it does it from cold start or in lower gears or whatever but it does do it sometimes during shift changes or say for example im in D5 or D6, and the revolutions meter just flickers i cant explain exactly and it makes this rattling noise. So i took it to the mitsubishi service centre who serviced it for the 30,000 km and said u guys serviced this car why is it making this noise etc. and he said leave the car with us we'll check it out and so i did. i went past again today and he said that the oil in the transmission "isn't looking too good" (his words) and that they didnt pick up on it last time because they dont check for that till the 45000km service. He said its gonna cost $1200 AUD to do the oil change and i mean i already paid a lot for the last service i did. he said paying the $1200 is the next step and IF the problem still persists that mitsubishi will step in and cover costs of a new box (that could possibly take weeks or months to arrive if it was from japan or something). now im hoping this problem isnt as bad as he's making it seem. and he said i could take the car and think about it and that if i decided to see another mechanic to repair the problem or whatever that it wouldnt work in my favour if i ever wanted to claim warranty in the future . which could be a scare tactic so i fork over that much money to them.

i wish i knew enough about this stuff to be able to handle it myself but i dont so thats why im here. Does anyone know what could be the cause of the problem? or if changing the transmission oil will help? if its actually worth $1200 or if i can just buy this oil for however much less and do it myself.

any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 AM

pretty much everyone has or had this problem, mines been having a faint rattling sence i bouhgt it brand new 0 miles on it
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM

so what do i do? this mitsubishi service guy is telling me to fork out $1200 bucks to change the transmission oil and i really dont think its worth it . any advice guys ?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 AM

A lot of ppl who changed their fluids afterwards said the tranny felt like it was brand new. Some changed and nothing happens & resulted in a new tranny replacement. Some ppl have tried cheaper alternative fluids and had no problems, but beware if Mitsubishi finds out you've been using something else and if anything happens... say goodbye to your warranty. OThers in AU have been trying out liqui moly 8100 (way cheaper than diaqueen) and it looks the same in colour. Maybe try changing it yourself using that and you might just fool the ppl at Mitsubishi just by the observation test?

-GST basemap
-AMS boostpill
-Works Highflow Drop in air filter
-EVO X BPV
-UR UICP
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Try clubcj.net...there is quite a few reputable tuners in Australia....maybe u can have one of the tuners take a look at ur car and see what they say before change anything...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks

Last edited by RalliNurse; 02-16-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Tags
oil, rattling, transmission problem, warranty