ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Default High Boost Intake - Codes

Hey,

So, my 09' RA has now had 3 different motors put into it in the last 4 months. My original motor stopped because of the timing chain, therefore It has been in the shop.

With this 3rd motor that has been put into it from the shop, it has actually stayed and been working out nicely unlike the other two, however the motor is reading high boost intake codes for the service engine soon light.

The light appears on the dash every time I lay into it but have never noticed the boost gauge being maxed out when doing so. The light does not stay on it just blinks and then disappears.

I never had any problems with this before with the original motor so I am needing some help on what may be causing this. The shop keeps telling me it has something to do with the blow off valve.

I do have an aftermarket blow off valve, I also have a COBB tuner for it, and recently put in a boost pill from AMS.

Looking for any ideas and places to start to figure out what might be causing the high boost intake codes from the scanner.

Thank you lots.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:04 AM

whats the cobb accesport say your getting for boost?
Go to live data>boost and do a run
My guess would be they accidentaly didn't hook up the wastegate actuator*total geuss
Old 01-29-2016, 08:39 AM

I haven't hooked the accesport up to it yet when it is running to run diagnostics on it as it's driving so I will look into that and see what the accessport is telling me for boost.

I was kind of thinking it had to do with the waste gate as well so I will have the shop take a look at that too.

Thank you so much for your response and suggestions.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:29 AM

Without some numbers your kinda shooting in the dark
the code could be toomuch boost when it doesnt expect it or something like that or you could be spiking
Old 02-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Looks like the access port was reading 16 for the boost when I laid into it and the boost gauge on the car was reading 10 at the same time.