ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-08-2013, 04:55 AM

Default accessport help

so I recently bought a cobb ap v2 for my '10 ralliart and I've just started noticing that the cars transmission seems to be making weird noises. I've read stories that these cars don't have to best transmission in the first place but I was wondering if it might be related to the ap. has anyone had any kind of trouble with installing their ap?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:13 AM

Keep in mind that the new Cobb App maps are only Beta maps at this time according to their web site. Also since you have a 2010 + model. I believe your car may have a learn capability that when ever you make program changes to your tune. You may be able to put car in the learn or tech in mode. This means the 2 different ECU's 1 for engine and 1 for transmission may relearn how to taper the boost etc for smoother shifts and power engagement etc...

Maybe someone with some tuning experience with the Cobb can chime in here.

Here is a link you might find handy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI7At...em-uploademail

Another video showing the guts of the SST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Wag...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Jackal; 12-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Can you describe the sound you are hearing?
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenNicole View Post
so I recently bought a cobb ap v2 for my '10 ralliart and I've just started noticing that the cars transmission seems to be making weird noises. I've read stories that these cars don't have to best transmission in the first place but I was wondering if it might be related to the ap. has anyone had any kind of trouble with installing their ap?
Best advice I can give you is to sell the AP and go the Tactrix route. /jokes

If you're hearing noises from your transmission then you should flash back to stock and remove the AP. Take it to your dealership if you're still under warranty and have them check it out. A few runs down the road with some more power isn't worth the 12 grand you'll shell out for a new transmission. Of course you also have to take into account that the TC-SST is a LOUD transmission and it makes funky noises all the time and it's totally normal. You may just be tuning into noises and things that have happened all the time and you're flashed or using aftermarket parts so more prone to listen for failure.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenNicole View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you sure it is the transmission or you are just hearing some noise from under the hood. Ralliarts are known to make all kinds of sounds. RA is the R2D2 of cars. You really have to know what you listening to. I used beta maps for over a year on my 2010 RA w/o problems. Than I came to my senses and replaced it with a T Cable and would never get another Cobb product. I do not know how much you paid for AP, but since you already have it and I am sure you do not want to sell it on one of the other forums for fraction of a price. I would contact reliable E tuner and get quality tune that will work with your mods. BTW how many miles on your car and was the SST already serviced? Also notice that contacting Cobb is completely useless as they will just tell you what you want to hear. I remember calling them every month and listen to their empty promises about finalizing beta maps.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 AM

I couldn't agree more.

Having sold my AP when Cobb gave me similar empty promises, I moved to Tactrix and the GST basemap. Using Merlin's tuning guide and data collected from dyno pulls (including full air/fuel info), I have a solid custom map that has far less knock than anything I had from Cobb. Right now I'm making 245WHP & 270LB/FT torque at a very conservative boost level of roughly 19PSI. That's just with a Cosworth drop-in, UR HFC and stock muffler mod. Still more gains to be had

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
.... Also notice that contacting Cobb is completely useless as they will just tell you what you want to hear. I remember calling them every month and listen to their empty promises about finalizing beta maps.

Last edited by TrailBrake; 12-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
I couldn't agree more.

Having sold my AP when Cobb gave me similar empty promises, I moved to Tactrix and the GST basemap. Using Merlin's tuning guide and data collected from dyno pulls (including full air/fuel info), I have a solid custom map that has far less knock than anything I had from Cobb. Right now I'm making 245WHP & 270LB/FT torque at a very conservative boost level of roughly 19PSI. That's just with a Cosworth drop-in, UR HFC and stock muffler mod. Still more gains to be had
wow that's awesome.. you don't mind sharing what you did? I'm getting that using 24psi lol

-GST basemap
-AMS boostpill
-Works Highflow Drop in air filter
-EVO X BPV
-UR UICP
Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 AM

A number of things were changed in EcuFlash (high octane fuel map, load, boost control load offset, lean spool, etc) and this was a process of adjustment over several months of testing on the highway with data logging and on dyno.

Power-related mods:
. Cosworth drop-in
. Evo X FMIC w/ piping
. UR UICP
. Evo X spark plugs
. Evo X metal BPV
. UR HFC
. stock muffler mod (90 degree bend and spring-actuated flap removed)

This was with 94 octane gas and the stock boost pill.

Having done a lot of dyno tuning on other cars, I look at the HP and Torque values as relative and useful for myself vs any tuning I do in the future. No two dynos read the same.

The boost numbers as per Dynojet (their T-shaped vacuum hose that attaches to the BPV) in the graph below I know are reading low and much more uneven than what I captured via my Tactrix logging. The pull was in 4th gear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RA_dyno_graph.jpg (122.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by TrailBrake; 12-13-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you sure it is the transmission or you are just hearing some noise from under the hood. Ralliarts are known to make all kinds of sounds. RA is the R2D2 of cars. You really have to know what you listening to. I used beta maps for over a year on my 2010 RA w/o problems. Than I came to my senses and replaced it with a T Cable and would never get another Cobb product. I do not know how much you paid for AP, but since you already have it and I am sure you do not want to sell it on one of the other forums for fraction of a price. I would contact reliable E tuner and get quality tune that will work with your mods. BTW how many miles on your car and was the SST already serviced? Also notice that contacting Cobb is completely useless as they will just tell you what you want to hear. I remember calling them every month and listen to their empty promises about finalizing beta maps.

I'm like 99% sure it's the transmission. I've had the car for 6 months now so I've become pretty used to the regular noises it makes but after a few days of having the ap it started making new noises and when I'm in second the car does small jolting/vibrating and in 6th it'll sound like I'm grinding gears almost, which doesn't make sense because the car is automatic. my plan now is to just uninstall the ap and drive without it for a few days and see if anything changes and if not, I'm still under warranty so I'll take it to get looked at
Old 12-16-2013, 06:06 PM

I'd uninstall the AP right away and have it looked at ASAP.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade