ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Ads

a little excessive.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Administrator

The Bullet,

We don't show more than 3 ads per page, which is recommended as a best practice. Logged out users might see a little more.

Is there a particular ad that feels too intrusive?

Rob
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

A few forums have ads ALL over the page even as a registered member. This isn't too bad.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:30 AM

The adds are required to keep the place running, guys. If you don't like seeing them, start using firefox and install this

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...k-plus/?src=ss
Old 12-31-2011, 11:25 AM

3 big banner ads plastered right in your face on the first post is excessive. no way around that. I have been on many forms for a while and i have seen sites go from no ads to a small amount of ads to "keep the place funded" i also have been a donating member to help "keep the place funded" but 3 big banner ads is just ridiculous. Head on over to socalevo.net and tell me the "standard" is 3 ads. I know this place is run by socal evo and it's appreciated but damn man.

Just my rant, take it as you will.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
3 big banner ads plastered right in your face on the first post is excessive. no way around that. I have been on many forms for a while and i have seen sites go from no ads to a small amount of ads to "keep the place funded" i also have been a donating member to help "keep the place funded" but 3 big banner ads is just ridiculous. Head on over to socalevo.net and tell me the "standard" is 3 ads. I know this place is run by socal evo and it's appreciated but damn man.

Just my rant, take it as you will.
Seriously, if it bothers you on this website, or any other, just install the firefox add on from mozilla's website and they ALL go away. Not one add is hidden. Not two. Not three. Literally none left. It's hard to take your rant serious when you can get rid of what bothers you in less than one minute, and the website still gets the funds it needs. You want to give the admins a hard time for trying to keep the site alive, but in the time it has taken you to argue, you could update your browser to let you view the website exactly how you want it to be......
Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Google Chrome also has an Adblock app that works well.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Seriously, if it bothers you on this website, or any other, just install the firefox add on from mozilla's website and they ALL go away. Not one add is hidden. Not two. Not three. Literally none left. It's hard to take your rant serious when you can get rid of what bothers you in less than one minute, and the website still gets the funds it needs. You want to give the admins a hard time for trying to keep the site alive, but in the time it has taken you to argue, you could update your browser to let you view the website exactly how you want it to be......
i did, but i posted an opinion and i expanded my thoughts on it. Some places like to hear "feedback"
Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

That is true, this section is indeed for feedback. So this is a legit thread.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM

I think giving feedback is great, but do you think that the admins are money hungry and placing the ads because they "want" to. I didn't mean to give you a hard time, but just keep in mind that the people that run this board could take offense to you saying things like "well www.blahblah.com doesn't have this many ads, so why do you? Well, ClubRA may not have the funds behind it that another website has. I was just saying that it is super easy to block the thing that annoys you than to come across as unappreciative or comparative to this great, free site we have. The last thing most people on here want is this website to be "taken for granted", and the people keeping it alive get jaded because we seem spoiled, and shutting it down. Sorry if I seemed to accuse you of acting that way. I didn't mean to come across that way. Was just trying to give MY feedback that if those ads keep this site up, and I never see them anyway because of the filter, I have no problem with them. Out of "site", out of mind. Pardon the pun.....lol.