ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Default How much mileage can these cars take

Hello all,
I've been reading about the ralliart for a couple weeks, cross shopping the wrx and ralliart. I'm leaning toward the ralliart and found a nice used one in my area. It seems though people get worried as the miles start racking up. I've read about the timing chains and transmissions seem to be the biggest concern, which is quite costly.
Now if I'm going to plunk down 20k on a car I'm hoping it will last me a good while, if I keep up with all the maintenance of course. How long do you think the car will actually last before major repairs is required.
BTW I'm looking at a 2011
I'm kinda looking for any high mileage owners to chim in
Your say is appreciated

Last edited by Water; 02-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

55K miles so far. My timing chain was stretched because I do not brake enough and instead I downshift and make all kind of howling noises with my tires. Went through 4 sets of tires in 55k miles.
Timing Chain repair for parts isnt that expensive, labor will cost you more than the part but if you have trusted mech. you can get it done relatively cheaper.
Dealership charges about 1,200$ for parts and labor for timing chain replacement.
Timing chain is afew hundred dollars for all components necessary for replacement probably take about est. 6hrs of labor (while taking tea and coffee breaks and lunch).

I do not have any SST problem, if/when I do I may be looking into EVO X GSR 5spd manual swap but I have 4k miles to break the SST. :P I doubt it will happen during 60k miles.

I am sure with enough knowledge SST repair can be cost effective, if needed.

No car is built bullet proof from the factory. otherwise, they'd go out of business.

Last edited by MTZL; 02-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM

It depends on how you drive the car and how you maintain it...I'm babying my car more then I babying my wife...and so far my car purrs like a kitten...
But if you abuse the car without proper maintenance. ..then yeah...obviously the car will take a nose dive...
Just keep in mind...turbo w/awd vehicle needs more maintenance then a prom queen...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
55K miles so far. My timing chain was stretched because I do not brake enough and instead I downshift and make all kind of howling noises with my tires. Went through 4 sets of tires in 55k miles.
Timing Chain repair for parts isnt that expensive, labor will cost you more than the part but if you have trusted mech. you can get it done relatively cheaper.
Dealership charges about 1,200$ for parts and labor for timing chain replacement.
Timing chain is afew hundred dollars for all components necessary for replacement probably take about est. 6hrs of labor (while taking tea and coffee breaks and lunch).

I do not have any SST problem, if/when I do I may be looking into EVO X GSR 5spd manual swap but I have 4k miles to break the SST. :P I doubt it will happen during 60k miles.

I am sure with enough knowledge SST repair can be cost effective, if needed.

No car is built bullet proof from the factory. otherwise, they'd go out of business.
so it's not just me then. I'm getting my 3rd set of tires- 38,+++ miles already. but can anybody tell me, who's got the most mileage so far? with or without repairs. my car is like my favourite dog, there's a limit as to how much I would spend if it's sick, otherwise I'd euthanized it.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 PM

I burned through the stock Advan A10's on mine in about 13k miles.

So far I've only had SES light once and that's by my own doing and for an O2 sensor.

I'm at like 15k so it's time for driveline fluids.

Great article done by Jack's Transmissions on the SST:

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...blems-upgrades
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 AM

89k miles (DD) on my 09. No major issues, really. I did my SST fluid twice already, once at 30k, second at 60k. I'm preparing to do another SST fluid change and driveline fluids as soon as the weather warms up. I've been able to do all maintenance myself at home so far.

Only failure of note that I've had was a huge crack in the exhaust manifold, which was a result of being rear-ended last year. I bought a used one off of an evom member, and did the swap in a couple days.

I've been running basemaps from Bryan/Rich since 15k. Evo X FMIC+UICP/LICP, CBE+testpipe, and a boost pill were put on around 70k and tuned appropriately. I've gone through two sets of summers (Advan A10s and General UHP) and one winter set (Blizzak WS60) of tires. On my, technically, fourth set right now (ContiDWS).

I've started to get a strange rev-hang/grinding noise shifting from 2>3 sporadically while making turns, I can't replicate it on demand so I'm hoping a fluid change will fix the issue.

Edit;
I forgot to mention that my ACD pump is toast and has been toast since 60k miles . Yay MI winters and salt! The car runs fine, just an annoying message every time I start driving, and AWC selector is useless. Braking and cornering is slightly affected, but I don't ever drive it "to the limit" so it's not a huge deal. I'll have my ACD pump rebuilt eventually, but it's not too high on my priority list right now.

Last edited by DetroitRA; 03-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRA View Post
89k miles (DD) on my 09. No major issues, really. I did my SST fluid twice already, once at 30k, second at 60k. I'm preparing to do another SST fluid change and driveline fluids as soon as the weather warms up. I've been able to do all maintenance myself at home so far.

89K! Ive searched high and low for high mileage SST and you my friend, are one of the few ive seen higher than myself. Im currently sitting pretty at 72K, climbing very quickly.

My fluid has been changed 3 times;

1st around 15K - warranty issue with the oil pan; OEM fluid

2nd around 40K - aftermarket fluid and filter

3rd around 65k - aftermarket fluid and filter

zeRep
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRA View Post

Only failure of note that I've had was a huge crack in the exhaust manifold, which was a result of being rear-ended last year. I bought a used one off of an evom member, and did the swap in a couple days.

I've been running basemaps from Bryan/Rich since 15k. Evo X FMIC+UICP/LICP, CBE+testpipe, and a boost pill were put on around 70k and tuned appropriately. I've gone through two sets of summers (Advan A10s and General UHP) and one winter set (Blizzak WS60) of tires. On my, technically, fourth set right now (ContiDWS).

I've started to get a strange rev-hang/grinding noise shifting from 2>3 sporadically while making turns, I can't replicate it on demand so I'm hoping a fluid change will fix the issue.

Edit;
I forgot to mention that my ACD pump is toast and has been toast since 60k miles . Yay MI winters and salt! The car runs fine, just an annoying message every time I start driving, and AWC selector is useless. Braking and cornering is slightly affected, but I don't ever drive it "to the limit" so it's not a huge deal. I'll have my ACD pump rebuilt eventually, but it's not too high on my priority list right now.
Ever try to buy a repair kit from here? http://www.acd-tuning.com/evo-x.html

I know the fluid part will suck. But its good to know it can be fixed. We have salty roads here in Winnipeg and I know mine will fail soon enough. Just getting prepared for the day it fails too.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
Ever try to buy a repair kit from here? http://www.acd-tuning.com/evo-x.html

I know the fluid part will suck. But its good to know it can be fixed. We have salty roads here in Winnipeg and I know mine will fail soon enough. Just getting prepared for the day it fails too.
I've thought about buying the repair kit, but I don't think I will have enough time these days to devote to repairing my ACD pump. I'll more than likely just ship the pump to them and have them rebuild it for me. I think tephra has a mod that will allow ACD pump bleeding with evoscan? Otherwise I'm just going to have a dealer bleed the pump for me.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
89K! Ive searched high and low for high mileage SST and you my friend, are one of the few ive seen higher than myself. Im currently sitting pretty at 72K, climbing very quickly.

My fluid has been changed 3 times;

1st around 15K - warranty issue with the oil pan; OEM fluid

2nd around 40K - aftermarket fluid and filter

3rd around 65k - aftermarket fluid and filter

zeRep
, yeah. Mileage in our range is pretty rare so far, from what I've seen around the forums. Looks like we both have GG as well. Twins! I'll probably break 100k by 2014 if I keep going at this rate. Looking forward to that.