ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2012, 02:49 PM

on their site it shows you keep your normal battery and stock intake scoop.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM

your battery stays right where it is. The only thing that is removed is 2 rubber hoses that connect to your turbo inlet and your drop in air box. AEM intake has a wicked install guide. Pretty much, all you do it buy it and you are good to go.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM

yeah i went through the guide and ir looks like it would be a pain in the ass to install but maybe thats just on paper
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM

its not so bad i installed mine. Just some tight spaces. Overall not so bad though an hour or two and you are good. And aem claims no tune read the site it will give you more info.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 PM

now did you tune yours after install or no? i may just use the gst tune for intake and exhaust if i get a tactrix by then
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 PM

This is directly from Mike@RRE

"AMS has the filter too close to the MAF for my taste. Depending on how the filter is installed and how deep the bead on the pipe is, it can really jack with the readings. Cold air pickups that are down in the fender well pick up too much junk

Injen has a mostly stock sized MAF part but it has a hard step that causes turbulence right before it. Also Injen is world famous for small beads and short couplings.

AEM is good for maxing out a stock turbo with all the trimmings. Is stealthy, CARB legal, real cold air pick up. But is overkill with no cams and no full exhaust and and no FMIC. They start getting restrictive on upgraded turbos.

For a basic setup car, a drop in filter is best and will take you up to 350 whp just fine. $43 for a Cosworth panel filter. I'd stay away from oiled filters. Pretty much by the time you really need an intake, you can benefit from something extra large and custom made for your setup specifically.

You can do an intake or an exhaust with no tune. But with both you absolutely need a tune. A cat back exhaust and a drop in filter is fine with no tune.

Your tuner will hopefully be a guy that tunes several EVO Xs a week. He will have seen them all in combinations with everything. Ask him what is best for your setup and stick with his advice. Or ask the peanut gallery. " - Mike W
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM

interesting i actually never so this post and i have searched on here a few times, i was leaning towards AEM anyway, as of right now i do have a full exhaust and am looking at going with evoX intercooler set up
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfiluta View Post
interesting i actually never so this post and i have searched on here a few times, i was leaning towards AEM anyway, as of right now i do have a full exhaust and am looking at going with evoX intercooler set up
Save the money and just get a drop-in.... I might have my X intercooler for Sale soon.....

Honestly the gains form the AEM vs the Drop in isn't Crazy... and that post was made in SCE.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 PM

when you do put the x intercooler up for sale what are you thinkin for a price?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfiluta View Post
when you do put the x intercooler up for sale what are you thinkin for a price?
Not Sure.... Send me a PM on an Offer and I'll let you know =)