ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Cellar

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Why are you selling your ra, if you dont mind me asking?
Im just curious & trying to collect data.
GLWS.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Still though... if you're thinking about modding your RA other than just that AEM intake, then you'd have to get a tune done. I wouldn't trust it even if my car was bone stock other than that intake.
I asked the service manager at the Mitsu dealer where I have my car serviced what mods I could have that would not void my warranty. He told me that an intake and exhaust would not be an issue for hime. At that same moment he pointed to and EVO X that he had up on the lift. He said the guy towed the car in with a blown engine. He said that Mitsu voided his warranty because they were able to figure out that he had an engine tune/reflash. He said that was the first thing that Mitsu asked about when he called it in. He said that an almost complete engine replacement was $9k out of the owners pocket. He also told me that he had 1 Ralliart and 1 EVO X tranmission failures that were denied as warranty claims by Mitsu because they had figured out the ECU's/cars had been tuned/reflashed.

With that being said I was willing to take the risk of running the intake and exhaust with the okay from the service manager. I know this is still running some risk. But as much as I wanted to get a tune at RRE I just couldn't take the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Why are you selling your ra, if you dont mind me asking?
Im just curious & trying to collect data.
GLWS.
I'm selling the RA because it was purchased for my GF to use as her daily and for me to use occasionally. I have since started another project and she wasn't happy with the mileage. She was getting about 200 miles per tank. She was commuting 80 miles a day so she would have to fill up almost 3 times a week. So she ended up buying an Audi TT which can go almost 450 miles on a fill up. Quite different cars but in the end we didn't need the utility of the Sportback anymore because I fixed my truck.

We both like the Sportback RA and don't really want to get rid of it but given that my work is slow and we have a combined total of 5 cars we just cannot justify keeping it.

As of now I'm willing to take $17k for it if anyone is interested!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 AM

What dealership?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuqwik4u View Post
What dealership?
I called 3 of the local dealerships in Socal and they all stated that if there was a major engine or transmission failure that it would be 50/50 whether or not the warranty would be honored if they knew or found out the engine had been reflashed/tuned. A couple guys said that I'd probably be okay but that in no way were they saying that it would be okay to do without risking losing my warranty.

After hearing that from the other dealers + the dealer I was using I was a little too worried. From what I have seen on here it seems there are very few major engine or tansmission failures on cars with bolt-ons and tunes. I think chances would have been low that that something really bad would have happened but it would be just my luck.
Closed Thread